How To Take Down QAnon and Fascism in the United States
For the record, I was a registered Republican until the party lost its mind. Now I am an Independent. I'm pretty conservative and right-leaning as far as actual policies go, so if you don't feel like reading this because I'm a "damn lib" you're fucking stupid, go fuck yourself. Chances are if you're reading this you are a part of the Resistance, or a decent human being. Good. Here's how we win this thing.
THE NUMBER ONE ISSUE
Stop enabling bullies and abusers. Literally everything antimaskers, Qunts, MAGAts, and antivaxxers are doing right now has the end result of utterly destroying our freedoms. There is absolutely nothing of "freedom" about what they're demanding and they're actively destroying more and more of our freedoms as the results of their actions. They're the ones killing democracy, supporting the destruction of our infrastructure, spreading a plague, promoting wage slavery by denying people minimum wage and worker's rights, shutting down the country and the economy, and canceling everyone who isn't exactly like them: minorities, Black people, Native American people, LGBTQ+ people, Jews, non-Christians, immigrants, children and youth, and the list just keeps growing. They quite simply confused true freedom, which comes with responsibilities and the equal application of justice to everyone, with "freedom = i can do whatever i want and there will be no consequences and the system will still support me." If that isn't Socialist I don't know what is.
- Get vaxxed, especially if you're active duty military or a veteran. Use Vaccine Spotter. You don't need to wait, or sack away two days straight on the internet waiting to nab an appointment; the website does the hard work for you now and we have enough vaccines. Tell all your friends about it and ask them to also spread the word. Also see: Coronavirus Safety. I recently read that a substantial portion of the military is not being vaxxed out of... checks notes... paranoia. Our military? What the fuck happened?
- Show this to everyone you know who is on the fence about getting vaccinated Reddit thread of of doctors dealing with covid deniers
- If you have cash to spare, consider donating to GAVI here and designate a special purpose for the donation (Gavi COVAX AMC), or if you live in the UK, Canada, or elsewhere, try one of these organizations so they can get people in other countries vaccinated. Your money will end this stupid pandemic faster. Only get this if you don't need the money. Times are tough.
- Buy sidearms for yourself and your family after going through the legality and getting them properly licensed. Learn to properly shoot, store, clean, and respect your weapon. Lock them up at home in a safe and carry the key. Carry them concealed, and use street sense. Guns, unlike what the OTHER guys think, don't somehow magically make you invulnerable.
- Train physically so you are capable of running, NOT defending yourself. Sorry, but you aren't going to magically become excellent at brawling within less than two years. Even better: if you are able and willing, join the military, or seek a position as a police officer.
- Carry smartphones on you and record everything suspicious, then upload to the internet.
- Also carry every weapon you have at your disposal: pepper spray, a taser, whatever you're comfortable with. This is not a replacement for using common sense and staying at home as much as possible.
- If any of your friends or family members are minorities, accompany them on trips to help protect them. If you are a minority, ask your friends to join you on trips.
- Take measures to fortify your living situation and vehicles. Reinforce the locks, install security cameras and motion-sensitive lights, get a big dog, that sort of thing. In some places you may even want to live off-grid. For some info on that, see Eco Friendly Things
- Go as close to vegan as you can. The far right has been freaking out about reducing meat consumption for a while because they are so linked to ranching and animal product production/usage, and the meat industry is so tied in with them. Weaken them through your diet. This is coming from someone who gets really sick without eating animal products. If I can do it, you can do it. If you do eat meat and/or animal products out of necessity for your health like I do, then minimize how much of that you eat without hurting yourself, and be sure you buy it from people who don't mistreat their animals; they're more likely to pull their heads out of their ass if they have previously been Trump supporters, antimaskers, etc. Oddly enough, animal products from Texas generally meet those requirements, because for some reason the people here treat their animals right.
- While you're at it, do your best to only buy food from farmers that treat the land with respect. Generally speaking, that's organic food. Monocropping of GMO stuff is often done by farmers who don't give a damn about soil degradation, biodiversity, overdraining aquifers, global warming, or dead bees, and those rural yo-hos are often - you guessed it, MAGAts.
- Pay really close attention to what the morons are screeching about today and then do your best to promote it. Gas prices are high? The fossil fuel industry is dying? Good, invest in alternative energy companies and start going completely off-grid, telecommuting to everything and buying groceries online. Transgender athletes are a thing and it's bad for women? If female, compete right alongside them and win, while wearing clothing in the colors of the transgender flag. It's convenient they can't shut up, isn't it? We know exactly what threatens their way of life now and we can make that way of life go the way of the dodo.
- Do you have any friends who fall into the categories of: minority, Native American, Black, LGBTQ+, elderly, youth, weak, sick, or poor? Help them in every way you humanly can! Support them, whenever they go out of the house go with them, keep them safe. Keep a concealed carry on you if you can. In particular Black people and Native American people are actually being hunted down right now in one of the 8 stages of genocide (I don't know which, and I don't really care). We've got to keep them safe. Or guess what, the next batch of people that they're gonna come for will be us. My family [barely] survived the Holocaust. We've seen this shit before.
- Check your voter registration every month to ensure you are still registered. If you haven't registered to vote, do it now.
- Check to see when city, county, state, and national elections are. Vote in all of them, including the primaries and the sheriff's election and all the other ones that seem inconsequential but are actually a huge deal.
- Help literally everyone you know who is on the same page to do the same exact thing: register to vote, and then vote for city, county, state, and national elections. Persuade them. Have them also help everyone they know to register and vote.
- Support police reform, sure, but also police funding and increasing the numbers on the police payroll. For reasons which, I hope, are obvious.
- If you don't regularly confer with any veterans and if you aren't a veteran yourself, you probably won't have good judgment regarding foreign policy. So spend much more time learning about the issues before you demand simple solutions to complex problems. Us Americans have a problem with that.
- Research each candidate using On The Issues and Follow the Money along with news articles and their campaign websites
- Follow the news from trustworthy sources first and foremost: namely, people you talk to in person, things you see for yourself, and what your friends and family have directly experienced. Our news system is in a shambles. Stay in touch with them.
- Follow the news from other decent sources (see below in NEWS section)
- If you don't understand a political topic, for goodness sake educate yourself thoroughly if you plan to make any decisions based on it, or if you plan to vote. Take out library books, read articles on good online sources, even Wikipedia is better than nothing. Really. If you kind of think you understand a political issue, such as Socialism, but don't know the actual definition, LOOK IT UP. Ignorance kills democracy, so don't be part of the problem no matter how superior you may think you are thanks to being a Resister. That's what the other guys do. We'd better not.
- Watch people currently in office like a hawk. Voting is just the beginning. See what they actually do there, and then see what the impact is in your daily life. For instance, I voted for Biden and support the vaccine rollout,
but seriously cringed when he decided to withdraw troops from Afghanistan. NOTE: this is incorrect, the previous administration created a deal with the Taliban in February of 2020 US Taliban Deal. Says Biden, source, "It is perhaps not what I would have negotiated myself, but it was an agreement made by the United States government, and that means something." The impact of these decisions hasn't fully played out yet. If you blink you will miss it. This will be very important for local and state representative elections this year and in 2022, and for federal candidates in 2024.
- If AND ONLY IF you've already done everything else, cause it's top priority, harangue and bother and harass your elected representatives demanding the things that you want. Focus on only one issue at a time if you are able. At this point, voting rights are the #1 issue, since without them we aren't even a democracy.
- The second priority issue is that depending on circumstances around the virus, we may need to throw all antivaxxers and antimaskers in prison for life and strip them of their American citizenship. Otherwise we might not get the virus under control ever, vaccines or not. Plus, when they sided with a virus and Fascist propaganda instead of their fellow citizens and democracy they became ex-citizens of this country as far as I'm concerned.
- Other issues you could bother the people about include DC statehood, statehood for all other US territories that have a high enough population (no taxation without representation), allowing hospital staff to deny treatment to patients that assault them if said patients are not clinically insane, getting our mail to come on time, mail-in voting (which is still voting rights), justice for the January 6 insurrectionists, ensuring antimaskers and antivaxxers and other felons never get any socialist/social benefits ever again (stimulus checks, driver's licenses, Social Security cards, insurance of any kind, the right to bear arms, tax cuts or breaks, police protection, insurance, public defenders in court, access to National Parks, help from the military or the National Guard, federal warnings such as storm or natural disaster warnings, help from the fire department, public housing, federal scholarships and grant money, the right to vote, unemployment, medicare/medicaid, federal student loans, state/local gov't/federal maintenance of infrastructure that leads to their home such as roads and utility lines, low fees for USPS service, social security, child support, food stamps, etc.) except for free public schooling for their children (poor kids). No socialism for people who don't like socialism? Okay, sounds like a deal.
- Another couple of important laws that need to be passed: all people who test positive for coronavirus and do not quarantine for 10 days get arrested and then get life in prison, all who already have tested positive and haven't quarantined also get life in prison, no federally funded healthcare if you refuse the vaccine, no being allowed in federal public buildings or public transportation if you haven't been vaccinated, felony and life in prison if your failure to mask up and social distance has killed someone, felony and life in prison for assaulting a healthcare worker while in your right mind, lose your citizenship and go to jail for life if you fail to get vaccinated within 1 year, death penalty for willfully exposing a child to the virus if the child dies, life in prison and immediate emancipation of the minor for willfully exposing a child to the virus if the child lives, children have the right to accept or say no to the vaccine but cannot go to school without it; they get deported or jailed at 18 if they still refuse, and those under 3 years old automatically vaccinated by the state if it turns out the vaccine is safe for them. To hell with your "but my children are my property" arguments, "my religion makes it okay to kill my kids" and "state can't interfere with how I raise my child" arguments, I am tired of children dying. These consequences might seem extreme but these are acts of terrorism, and whether you kill someone with a bomb or with a virus makes no difference. Plus killing a child is a whole new level of evil and must not be allowed.
- Bother your elected representatives, sign petitions, and ask your friends and family to do the same in support of the American Jobs Act. Here is why it is important: it will starve the bigots, the MAGAts, and those parasites on society that live off of unearned socialist benefits such as racist perks. That is why they're so against it. Here's how it benefits us and not them: 1. It's pretty tough to run your own small town good-ol-boy network when you are right next to a high speed rail network, highway, airport hub. People move out and move in, start businesses, get educated, and things change, fast. No more will there be divides between rural uneducated hellholes and urban cityscapes. We will be one country again, and small towns will no longer be spawning pools for backward thinking and cults - the bad guys will have to start their own Jonestown-type compounds for that instead of monopolizing rural America. Bonus: new landowners in rural areas are less likely to destroy the soil through shitty farming practices like CAFOs, monocropping, over-irrigation and excessive pesticide and fertilizer use. 2. The bad guys often have jobs in occupations that are quickly becoming obsolete: animal husbandry, meat packing, nonrenewable energy, intensive agriculture of GMO crops subsidized by the government, ranching, low-tech blue-collar work, worthless occupations they obtained via nepotism where they do a lot of nothing such as small town crap businesses where they overwork high school kids. The faster automation, American manufacturing, and high-tech industries that require highly trained, hardworking, well-educated individuals replace the low-tech obsolete ones, the more they'll lose their jobs. Good. They are a drain on society and they are holding us back with their "make everything stay the same forever" Dark Ages attitude, causing us to lower our world dominancy as compared to say, China. 3. Nationwide Internet will create both an economic and an educational boom in the States, and all schoolchildren will benefit immensely. Education is deadly to the cowards' platform, and therefore the Internet will likely destroy it long term. This website isn't the only educational resource online. Libraries are starting to adapt their online access to make it more accessible and more full of useful stuff. It's only a matter of time. 4. A nationwide economic boom deprives the bastards of their wage slaves. Business owners, crap managers, and other people who have been scumming off the efforts of poorly paid workers who couldn't afford to leave will lose a lot of their workforce if said workforce gets enough money to afford to leave. This is what a good economy can provide, and improved infrastructure definitely does that, especially reliable internet access. You can sell, buy, interact, and learn just about anything online, meaning the age of being an internet commuter is here to stay. 5. The ability to unionize and have worker's rights is also detrimental to crappy managers and businesses who have substituted rock bottom wages and shitty financial management for actually having a business plan and you know, working. 6. Made in America means that enormous businesses which earn their fortunes from wage slavery in other countries will have to have major cutbacks or go out of business, and a lot of these bad guys are against that because they are not pro-America, they are pro-their own wealth. Too bad. The world's smallest violin is playing. These things are not unreasonable because if they adapt, they will change, and they will have steady good-paying jobs. If they refuse, they'll be left behind. It's that simple.
- If you're interested, there are plenty of political vacancies around that could use a non-insane person like you. Please consider it.
- QAnon and the Fascists run a bullshit mill. Education aka truth is the way to defeat them long term. Do everything in your power to promote the highest quality of education in the United States possible, and to do your part to improve everyone's access to it.
- The best way to redpill the idiots is to spread the word on the actual consequences of their actions. They believe one thing but they are the thing they hate. When I was younger I read Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy, but I never thought Americans would actually be the bioterrorists. Case in point, trying to "save children" by throwing them in public education institutions to catch coronavirus and potentially die - and also by trying to elect someone friendly with Epstein who literally said he had the hots for his daughter. 178 citizens from age 0-17 have died from coronavirus according to CDC data so far - and this is acceptable in absolutely no circumstances (save the children?!!!!). They are not statistics, and 'saving' them from a hypothetical death-by-vaccine by killing other children and also putting them at risk of dying is unacceptable. Then there's Death threats for a 10-year old trans child. In other words, the best redpill is to shove their hypocrisy in their face. 550K dead partially thanks to antimasker superspreader MAGA rallies. Children dead from mass shootings, discrimination, and infrastructure failures. Child porn collections of Republican politicians. Rick Roeber TRIGGER ALERT Joel Greenberg TRIGGER ALERT The former guy defending Ghislaine Maxwell. Or demonizing other people who are different and live differently as morally depraved but then turning a blind eye to those within their ranks who literally spread a biological plague, deny clean water and a minimum wage to the poor, make minorities either miserable or extremely sick (or dead), and/or commit bombings or mass shootings. And on and on it goes. They'll probably never want to believe it because then they won't be the superheroes they so desperately want to be, but at least the rest of us will know what's up.
- There are also a whole bunch of people who "refuse to give in to fear" and who firmly believe that survival of the fittest is as God intended, especially if they work hard enough, have big enough muscles, are smart enough, or have strong enough willpower or faith. That is not how survival of the fittest works. It literally relies on dumb luck. Specifically, random mutations in someone's genetic code that just happen, through random chance, to be a suitable adaptation to the environment for improved survival odds. And oh, look, they're creating the perfect situation for survival of the fittest to continue at a faster rate, increasing the speed at which a life-form creates fit offspring that survive and thrive. That life form is not us. It's coronavirus.
- One of the ways to improve education in this country is to support your local library. Actually, by checking out as many books as possible as often as possible you increase the numbers of patrons served and give them justification for bigger budgets, so check out books. If local ballot measures include increasing taxes to improve the library, support those. After the pandemic is over be sure to donate as many books as you can spare to your local library. They generally take donations. Also, once the pandemic's done know that foot traffic/visitors to a library also helps with increasing funding, so visit yours as often as you can, and ask the librarians what they need to improve the place. See what you can do to help.
- Take steps to get better educated yourself and to assist your friends and family in also getting more educated. It doesn't seem like much but it really is wealth, power, freedom, and opportunity.
- Check out the Big Brain Time section of this website. It actually took me years to build. Most of the research was done before I launched this site.
- If you have the stomach for it, then delve into who is pulling the strings behind QAnon as well as far-right and far-left movements. Let the rest of us know what you find and provide evidence.
- Observe things for yourself.
- Here is an impartial source, besides the usual kind-of-flaky Reuters and The Guardian: Steady an independent longform journalism platform run by Dan Rather and his team. I couldn't find anything better. Yes, it's sad that there's one and only one. Chances are if you can afford stuff behind paywalls then you'd find others. For finding good ones see a quick guide to Detecting BS. Personally, along with Steady I use The White House, Reuters, The Guardian, and Buzzfeed News (believe it or not). I have little to no faith in them but it's more than the faith I have in the others. The more news sources you can read that cover the same story, the better, because that way you can see who spins what, and how.
- The ghastly state of reporting in this country calls for a new approach: talk to the people who are directly involved. If you're able to, that is. Personally I've been lucky enough to have a physician as a friend who warned my family about the virus last January. Listen to the people on the front lines. If you already know and trust them, they wouldn't have a reason to lie to you. So be sure to touch base with everyone in your circle often.
You should know the belief that people get suckered into QAnon, cults, and other conspiracy theories due to stupidity or naivete is for the most part incorrect. You might think it's because people are a little slow in catching on to the truth. Unfortunately, that's not true. There wouldn't be that level of obsession and passion behind what they do if they didn't actually want to believe it. There is a darkness in human nature which is more prominent in some people than others, usually those who enjoy causing pain. You can't show them any forgiveness because if you give an inch, they'll take a mile, and right now that can't be tolerated. Permanently cut them out of your life for your health, sanity, and well-being. If you don't believe me, I'm sorry, because you might get backstabbed by them years down the line. They're showing their true colors right now especially because the observable effects of their pet conspiracies are actually people DYING.
Here is an email letter I sent to the owner of Penzey's Spices. He'd been getting emails flooding his inbox from Republicans spouting "SOCIALISM!" because he is rather pro-Biden.
Dear Mr. Penzey,
I always vote that we cut all Socialist benefits to people who are against them. No cops, no military, no social security, no libraries, no public schooling, no minimum wage or worker's rights, no special privileges for being white, no roads, no on-grid running water, and absolutely zero social support. They can live in their prepper bunkers until the end of time, that is, if they survive. God speed to them. Guess they never realized that extreme capitalism without any socialism or regulation is pretty much the same as feudalism. I hope they enjoy being serfs.
On further reflection, it would also be Socialist to inherit anything. So if you are against Socialism, goodbye trust fund. It's fair. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps.
This coming winter holiday season *actually right now,* seriously consider diverting some or all of any money you'd spend on presents you have to spare on buying vaccines for other countries instead Donation link. As bad as we have it here, they have it way worse and the pandemic isn't going to end until they are vaccinated too.
- Cut all ties you can with Qultists, MAGAts, and other kinds of asshole. Check out QAnon Casualties for some insight. The most disturbing thing I've seen in this pandemic is just how much crap people have put up with in the name of keeping the peace. The unpleasant truth is that those people are complicit in the crimes committed by the "other guys." If they had put their foot down, we wouldn't have seen so much death.
- If you know a save-able Qultist, send them to r/qanoncasualties. This shit has consequences, and this is the best way to show them what those consequences are.
- You should know why QAnon is what it is, and what is so alluring about conspiracy theories. Generally speaking the best way to judge a tree is by its fruits, and the fruits of QAnon are to kill and hurt as many American citizens as possible, rip apart the social fabric, and ruin the country. Why? The most reasonable guess is that Russia and China, multinational monopolistic corporations' CEOS (& other corporate slave drivers that love deregulation and $$$), various politicians that supported the insurrection (likely getting bribed), various super-rich people that got unearned enormous tax breaks, and other enemies of the US, are involved since they benefit the most. As for the allure, I used to be a conspiracy theorist so I have some insight. Firstly, I didn't know how to vet my sources, and I didn't know the difference between a primary source, a secondary source, and likely bullshit. Secondly, I was young and inexperienced, and I was gullible. Thirdly, I had been through so much trauma that I wasn't thinking clearly at all, (lyme didn't help) and needed therapy. Fourth, I had no support system. Finally, my life was very bad and I was being gaslighted by everyone, who told me things were "just fine," and all the traumatizing horrific bullshit I was reading confirmed that yes, my suffering WAS real and people WERE bullying me, because I didn't love myself enough to believe myself and needed validation. Why did I focus on conspiracies? Because I had repressed trauma and a crappy life and needed some kind of resolution; an outlet. My life had fallen apart and I wanted someone to blame for my supposed powerlessness (I was not powerless, I was very much to blame for most of my problems). I also desperately wanted to feel some kind of control over my own life when I had none, some kind of value for myself when I knew deep down that I'd screwed up my own life and wasn't taking responsibility for it (self-hate galore), and conspiracy theories seemed to be my way out, my "truth." It was all total bullshit and a gilded cage, and the more I learned from the bullshit factory the more paranoid I got. I stopped focusing on it for a few years, learned things by trial and error and finally made the right life decisions, un-repressed my trauma, worked on my mental health, determined how to discern truth from lies with as much rigor as possible, looked back at it, and swore to never be hoodwinked like that again. Yet even with all that I never EVER hurt anyone with stupid conspiracy theory-based actions. If I had, you would be justified in throwing me in jail.
- You simply do not harm anyone unless you have genuine proof that they deserve it and that it will actually create positive change to get justice on them, and some bullshit you found on the internet or heard from a buddy is not "proof." You have to be certain. Even the tiniest doubt should be a major red flag. See: 12 Angry Men, the movie. If you make a mistake in who you target, you are the evil, the villain, the bad guy. If you want justice, you have to know how to do it right, so you avoid making decisions like "the Jews are to blame for everything." (stupid! go visit a synagogue, idiots! read the Old Testament!) and you have to go to college, get trained to be a police detective or FBI agent, etc. or you're just uninformed and think you're smarter than you really are. Besides, arrogant people do not make good agents of justice. They do, however, excel in feeling superior as they massacre innocent people. Here's hoping someone else will listen.
- Spread the word as much as you can about the QAnon and MAGA jerks you know, with exactly what they have done, and with proof. Put it on the internet if you can as well. Brand them with a scarlet letter. This is technically slander so be sure you have proof just in case they want to legally dispute it. If you can do this anonymously so much the better but supplying proof is harder that way. Other ways of branding them with a scarlet letter include taking them to court and getting newspapers to investigate them. Both The Guardian and Buzzfeed have ways for anonymous tipsters to give them a scoop. Check on their websites. Whatever you do, do NOT mindlessly rip on them on social media without proof. That's what they do. We are better than that.
- Mental health care is so crucial for a large proportion of what seem to be MAGAts, antimaskers, and QAnon. There are underlying mental illnesses for a humongous amount of them and they must be taken care of. A big reason why we have such a big problem with it now is because mental health care in this country has been basically nonexistent for most of us, thus, people with things like schizophrenia, C-PTSD, bipolar mania leading to psychosis have never been treated and QAnon exacerbated everything for them. It will lead them to full psychotic breaks and possibly a mental hospital if we don't get them some help. For those of you with family members who are otherwise good people do everything you can to get them the treatment they need. There is a difference between those sociopathy/malignant narcissism/dark triad traits who willingly become evil and those who have lost touch with reality. However, if they have actually harmed someone or intend to knowingly or unknowingly put people at risk with their behavior then you should probably cut ties regardless and/or take 'em to court.
- If you don't have proof but have directly experienced abuse at the hands of these guys, tell everyone you know and trust, so that they can avoid this person.
- While QAnon and the idiots spin their wheels doing absolutely nothing to solve the problems they're obsessing over, pay attention to what's getting them the most hysterical and actually do what you can to solve those problems yourself.
- 1. Protect children by watching over yours as much as possible, by homeschooling them, and by developing a support network for them which is reliable. If there are any kids or teens that you are acquainted with then support them as much as you are able. They are going through a lot right now.
- 2. Save children's lives by joining the FBI, becoming a cop, becoming a soldier, becoming an emergency room doctor, becoming a school counselor that has their best interests at heart, becoming an adoptive parent, becoming a lawyer, joining Bikers Against Child Abuse, taking every last child abuser on Earth to court (some examples). Better yet, by instituting the death penalty for all child abusers, period. And can we please reform the foster care system already? Yikes.
- 3. Do everything you can to create legal rights for children so that they are no longer considered to be the legal property of their parents but are considered American citizens under the law with as many rights and privileges as possible
- 4. Make homeschool legal nationwide, including giving children the ability to homeschool themselves at any library. While you're at it, get rid of public school, replacing it with one large standardized test, and buildings with teachers that are only there to help the kids learn and NO MANDATORY ATTENDANCE. Kids will be graduating in 4-6 years tops instead of 12, mostly thanks to no longer being abused by power-tripping teachers attracted to the job out of a desire to rule over the weak, and also thanks to no longer being unpaid workers from 8 to 3:30 (aka slaves).
- 5. If you're the right kind of person, learn some Hoodoo in order to slap down any bad magic or bad vibes before they do anything to cause harm Link
- 6. Make condoms available to as many people as possible. Also do what you can to make more reliable birth control methods for all genders (yes, hermaphrodite is a gender, a literal third gender people are BORN AS, this is medical fact, ask your doctor). Voila, way fewer abortions, and we don't need to have the stupid debate.
- 7. Most of the things Q's panic about can only be solved by federal or international police and detective work. If you decide to go into that field you'll help everybody. Human trafficking, ritual crime, serial killing etc. can only be solved by someone who knows what they are doing, and obviously, Q does not. The only reason Q even has any traction at all is because law enforcement has not been successful enough with these kinds of cases.
- 8. For these reasons support beefing up law enforcement. Defund the police? No, become the police. And if you can't become the police but have some spare time/energy, consider looking at pictures of missing children, Amber Alerts, Wanted posters from the FBI/Interpol/local police stations, and the January 6 terrorists regularly so that you can spot the bad guys in real time and call it in. Actually if you could make memes about these Most Wanteds like the US Army made playing cards of the terrorists in the Iraq War that would be helpful too.
- 9. A major tenet of the far-right cultism is evangelical Christianity, because they believe it is the only way to improve morality in a morally defunct world. Right, there's an easy way to solve this. Find the things in your own religion or philosophy that reduce moral depravity, corruption, and badness in a person's mindset, apply them, refine them, improve them, and share them. Human beings are terrible and it's important to try to be less terrible. We are the only species that has fully mastered ruining everything we touch (ironically, Q from Star Trek may have been right). Whatever actually works to help you and others be more virtuous and morally correct is more precious than gold. Especially as a direct comparison to people who claim to be morally superior while any real virtue they ever had goes down in flames.
- 10. There is a very good chance that whatever and whoever is behind QAnon itself is the one committing many crimes. If you're a crime investigator of any kind, investigate THEM.
- 11. NEW 4/29/21 Do your part to set up social, legal, and political safety nets for people who would otherwise ruin their lives via extreme levels of work and poverty to raise a child they can't afford or get an abortion. For instance, if you know someone who just got pregnant and isn't sure if they want to keep the baby, offer to help them as much as you are able and then follow through. Much of the reason we have so many abortions in this country is because people give absolutely zero support to new parents. This is a societal and cultural thing and it is within our power to change it. Bonus: you get to be the cool auntie or uncle. Other specific things you can do include donating to women's shelters, doing what you can to fix the foster care system so that adoption is far easier and totally safe for the children, actually adopting some kids, ensuring birth control and a large amount of condoms are free at every doctor's office and similar public place via government subsidy or crowdfunded donations for each place, same for vasectomies, and mandating that whatever man knocked up the woman has to pay for half of the child's upbringing in accordance with how much it (on average) costs in that location even if they're not married - and if they dodge child support payments, life in prison. Also life in prison for rapists, or the death penalty, depending on if the victim says so. Automatic death penalty for whoever gets someone under 14 pregnant, plus an abortion for the poor kid because it's medically required (ask a doctor if you aren't sure, they'll probably agree with me). Also: two months of maternity and paternity leave (Source: books by Xiaolan Zhao that introduce you to the concept of Golden Month, the necessary recuperation period after childbirth). Finally, can we please stop shaming unwed mothers and single parent families? It's tacky, it's uncharitable, and it's actually evil. Don't do it.
- 12. NEW 4/29/21 do everything in your power to end the idolization of parenthood, especially from a legal standpoint. There is absolutely nothing that implies parents will automatically love their children, protect them, and look out for their best interests, yet the law is constructed to conform to that fairytale. Actually according to the law children up til age 18 are essentially the legal property of their parents and do not have Constitutional rights, give or take a few quibbles. You can easily become a parent without becoming a mother or father (or in a nonbinary case someone in between). Millenials, gen X, and gen Z are very familiar with the kind of abuse that results from this. Improving the economy (and demanding a minimum wage for minors that is equal to that of adults) so that these kids can move out at 18 will also help a lot.
- Learn who to boycott and boycott. While you're at it, cut all business ties with said jerks as well, and if you're able to refuse service to one while working, so much the better. Remember that many different things count as your vote: your ballot vote, your dollars, your labor at a workplace, who you choose to employ, your emotional support.
- Get rid of your Google, Youtube, and Facebook accounts. While you're at it, get rid of Instagram and NextDoor. If you can only get rid of one, make it Facebook.
- If you're a business owner or run some kind of public place, hire armed guards and install metal detectors at a security checkpoint, if you're able. Also, demand these for government-run public places such as schools. I hate to suggest this but it's time.
- If you've been directly harmed by someone who infected you or a loved one with coronavirus thanks to their antimask policies or something similar, take them to court. Just do it. I've seen so many stories of people whose family members killed other family members with coronavirus with absolutely no repercussions. Fool, that's homicide! Put them in prison! They're not going to stop unless they face consequences, and then if you don't put them in prison, you're partially to blame for the subsequent people they kill or disable
- Use Crime Stoppers to snitch on anyone you know that attended the January 6 insurrection. Also, use Crime Stoppers to snitch on anyone who has committed a crime, period. Justice applies to everyone in this country and no red hat can save you for long. It hasn't so far, why? Because not enough people have snitched, fought, and worked for justice. We are America, damn it. Snitch, litigate, do your thing.
- We're famous worldwide for our army of lawyers and our love of litigation. Now is the time. We've got a little more on our hands here than spilled hot coffee. If you can afford a court case, if you've been directly harmed along with millions of other Americans, and have a good lawyer, then there is a laundry list of people who have committed felonies, manslaughter, and so on, including the former guy and Louis DeJoy. Get 'em.
- Don't forget about the community, county, and state assholes that need a good lawsuit or two. How about Greg Abbott? Seriously, please
- Even minor, seemingly small-scale court cases can set a huge legal precedent. So for instance if you have a trans or LGBTQ+ child that attempted suicide due to bullying and discrimination, hire a lawyer and go to battle! Never think that small-scale injustice is not important.
- Support all decent human beings. Personally speaking, after a few months of this nonsense I decided that if I ever see a truly decent human being again, I'll consider them family no matter how annoying or flawed they may be. I did away with the perfectionist, judgmental attitude I used to have about people, and I suggest you do the same. The criteria for "do I support this person?" should be "are they a decent human being?" If the answer is yes, then support them. Or at least show them as much courtesy and kindness as you are able to. This could be a beautiful thing that links the Resistance across all religions, backgrounds, and cultures, and even outlasts the Resistance itself, tying together the whole country and improving everything for years to come.
- Support your non-Qultist loved ones, friends, and social network more than ever. They need you. Tell them about the Vaccine Spotter website, set up appointments for them if they don't have access to computers, talk to them, help them with stuff. If you've lost touch get back in touch and if you aren't great at staying in touch, fix it right now. Email, text, call, Zoom. Touch base at least once every couple of weeks with literally your entire social circle.
- Try to interact with pro-democracy people in other countries, especially the Hong Kongers and Russian protestors. They're the spiritual brethren of the Resistance.
- Do as much self care as you can. If possible, also see a qualified mental health care professional regularly. At this point we probably all need to do that.
- For all of your social circle that are on the fence and gradually becoming more radicalized (far right or far left), be the voice of sanity for them but stay distant. It will take them years to recover, if they do at all, and the safety of your nearest and dearest must be your primary concern.
- Don't become "that guy." The far left is just as into censorship and groupthink as the far right. We don't need that crap. Think for yourself. And no, if what you're thinking is suspiciously similar to what other people are saying, you are not thinking for yourself. Cut it out.
- If you are Christian you have a unique opportunity to remind any misguided acquaintances that Christianity is a religion of UNIVERSAL BROTHERLY LOVE. Please, for heaven's sake, speak up.
- Actually if you are literally any religion, they ALL are against what their so-called adherents are doing. Speak up.
- For instance: Buddhism: ahimsa. Islam: killing of Muslims is forbidden... and you never know who is Muslim. Judaism: tikun olam. Hinduism: karma. Witchcraft: Actions have consequences; being a dick is unwise. Paganism: don't piss off the Gods; hubris and hurting the innocent is the fastest way to do that. Etc.
- Since I have the background of Judaism I might as well say it: if you are Jewish and an antivaxxer that's a special kind of moronic since there's a certain story told every single year warning against toxic arrogance called the Haggadah - the Passover Story. For fuck's sake, there's a reason it's told every year
- Phrase all of your arguments from a wartime perspective. We are at a war with this virus. Does it really matter if the enemy combatant isn't human? This thing has killed more Americans than those who died in World War II. Therefore, take a look at those who are collaborating with the enemy. They call themselves patriots. If you are using the definition provided here, that we are at war with the virus, then by that definition they are actually traitors collaborating with the enemy. Would most Americans be okay with it if these "patriots" had shot their victims instead of infected them? No, there would be an uproar, but since the death blow was silent, there wasn't the uproar there should have been. Well, it's still manslaughter.
- Our countrymen have done more to destroy this country than any outside enemy ever has. Besides killing us and crippling many others, they've done what no outside force has ever managed to do: destroy our morale by stealing all of our most cherished ideals and distorting them into something they never were. Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 time. For crying out loud, Ayn Rand's work was not proto-Fascist. You are reading this website because I internalized The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged and I credit them for my mental freedom. Patriotism requires self-sacrifice and humility, an allegiance to a noble cause. "Saving the children" requires that we reshape out entire justice system especially in cases of parental child abuse, of which many of these assholes are guilty. I want them to take a really close look at their idiot friends if they themselves aren't mistreating their children (or their spouses for that matter), because this is a serious problem and I've noticed it for years. Morality and honor can only come when you are allied to truth, and yes, science is the purest expression of truth. Doublethink, groupthink, blind belief, and all of the other kinds of lying to yourself are the domain of Fascists and Communists, not "PATRIOTS" and that shit is not "FREEDOM." More like "orgy-porgy." Education used to be one of our highest ideals, and now they value stupidity and ignorance and it shows. What Americans call damn lies, they call "alternative facts." Many of the ideals of Christianity are shared by most if not all Americans (charity, kindness, compassion, humility, brotherhood and solidarity with all humans no matter what, love for all, helping the weak), and they're killing that too. And yes, freedom is not free. It comes at a high price. The civilian cost of freedom is giving up one's comfort. The military cost of freedom is loss of life, sanity, and far more sacrifice than the average citizen could ever know. Show some respect to the troops that died for the sake of democracy.
- Join protests for the Resistance, but after the pandemic is over. Be patient. It will end soon enough.
- Go ahead and buy the T-shirts, the stickers, the flags, and the other stuff, but only if you're okay with having a target on your back. Yeah it'll help other Resisters know they aren't alone, but the other guys are literally crazy and often terrorists. So. I'm partial to the "tread on me daddy" stickers. Tommy Siegel Shop Also, Black Lives Matter apparel, Biden stuff, and rainbow gear, and the Trans flag, help people know they are not alone. Fly these flags proudly. Get the stuff if you are able or draw it with markers and stash it in your window. Not enough of it is flying right now and people are in despair.
- Give the world a piece of your mind about what's going on if you want to. Write a book, make some art, write songs, blog. There is an audience for it, believe me.
- Post on r/qanoncasualties if you've lost someone in your social circle to the nonsense, and talk about it to your loved ones for years to come. There are real consequences for the misinformation circulating around and not enough is being said about this. We must never forget.
- Once it is safe to go outside again, if you can, then bravely be who you are, on the outside. If you're a goth, wear even more goth stuff. If you are LGBTQ+, wear rainbows and present as your true gender. If you are Wiccan, slap on a humongous pentacle and make it really apparent what religion you are. The more scapegoated and marginalized your identity/community/culture is, the more important it is that you show the whole world you are proud of it and not going to change on the basis of threats and intimidation. We are a diverse nation and the Fascists have tried to make us into one homogenous lump by threatening those of us who are different. Enough. If we go outside bravely presenting as who we really are, then our risks will be the next generation's gain - they'll be safer and have more freedoms. That's what it's really about. Freedom.
- Consider wearing T-shirts and apparel that literally say "The Resistance." That way people know who to trust.
- The most marked societal trend in the past few years has been a race to the bottom in terms of morals and ethics. We have to be the opposite. We must. A constant and consistent effort at genuinely improving as a person is going to be the key to beating this situation long term. Virtues are the real treasures, not money, power, or seeming success. That being said of course it's not wrong to gain money, power, and success, but the key is remembering what these are for and not chasing after them for their own sake.
- You could summarize the reason that many of these conspiracy theorists and these other assholes are the way they are is a complete lack of self-love. Self-love leads to self-worth. Self-worth leads to power over oneself. Power over oneself is true power and strength. All this leads to happiness. Conspiracy theorists seek power outside of themselves because they have none over themselves and they never made the connection. Thus, cultivate self-love in yourself and provide a positive example for those who have good hearts but have been led into darkness. If you're not sure where to start I would recommend working your way through Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach, and using it like a writing prompt notebook and life transformation tool. Try what it recommends, too.
- Come up with your own ideas here. It's going to take every one of us giving this our all to beat this.
A realistic portrait of who these morons love to support, source: NPR article - the wealthiest people in America evading their taxes while jacking them up for everyone else, along with King Johns and Sheriffs of Nottingham worldwide
"I may be a slob, duh duh duh duh duh, but I do my job, duh-duh duh"
Man I love that movie.